1. Welcome to Proudnaira.com the largest business forum in Nigeria; to enjoy the goodies of this forum you must Login or Register using the Login/Register button above.
    Dismiss Notice

How to Start Selling Mobile Data and Make Money?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Skyro, Jun 3, 2018.

Share This Page

1. Skyro

Skyro Member

Hello everyone. According to my estimate, Nigerians uses more money on internet data than they use on calls this days due to the high rate of browsing online. I like the idea of selling mobile data to end users since it doesn't required high startup capital and office. The problem here is that I have no idea where to buy the data from and how to sell to people. I believed I can be selling to my friends, family and church members. But information on how to start is what i needed right now.
    Mobile Data.jpeg

I want complete details on how to start inclusive advice from someone who his done it before. I'm really interested to learn how to make money from selling mobile data's. How to start selling of mobile data's. Where I can get data from at wholesale or cheaper rate

Please anyone doing this or who has done it before should throw lite on this and give me steps to Start this small business.

Please. Thanks

2. Evawere

Evawere Member

@Skyro, thanks for this thread. I have always want to know about this business long now. I have a friend whose ain't is doing this business but she has refuse carrying me along.

Please anyone with the answer to this share and help lot us. Abeg oh.

3. Lisa

Lisa Moderator Staff Member

Yes people uses data a lot in Nigeria mostly for instagram, facebook, youtube videos. It will be a nice business though.

Sad I don't have idea regarding this business but I will make physical research on my own from those on the business and get you feedback soon. however someone else should please help out.

4. Yini_Katche

Yini_Katche Moderator Staff Member

Mobile data business is taking over now , coz the demand for it is high and the business in itself is less strenuous and requires little capital. I have quite a number of people doing this business , from what I gathered it's their added source (side business) coz the returns is low they say.

I also learned that you need to expand your network well , with a huge costumer base that's when you'll make significant returns. They're quick to give these few tips but stingy with the detailed info about the business lol.
    #ThisIsNigeria.

My next post will be what I was able to get off my Data supplier , I hope it helps.

Victor likes this.
  5. Yini_Katche

Yini_Katche Moderator Staff Member

I'll just give a hint now coz info is incomplete , hopefully I should do a full brief soon. Probably on InformationHood.

Few Things To Note for MTN only.

#5500 can start up the business , 10GB for #5500.
    You buy from MTN.
    You have to convert your tariff plan by dialing *460*1#.
    Then buy via code *461*1# (for 10gb)
    Code varies for different amounts.
    The retail price is #600/#650 for 1GB.

More info loading.....

Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
    Lisa, Victor and Favour like this.
  6. Victor

Victor Member

Hi friend, thanks for this wonderful writeup.. Outside been data reseller for networks. One can start personal data network such as spectranet. One of the hot data network in Lagos right now entel

7. Lisa

Lisa Moderator Staff Member

Starting personal network is really costly and one should be able to have powered mass everywhere. I know this is a nice idea but it required a lot to start and can only be accomplish by those with good investment capital.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2018
  8. serome

serome Administrator Staff Member

You are not right @Lisa. Before now there are network masts and we identified them by their name such as mtn masts, glo mast etc. But now individuals company now build masts and rent space to any network that wish to rent a space on the masts.

Today we have so many radio station streaming across the country, what to ask is how are they doing it. Well technology has changed and everything now work in advanced way. To Start a personal network for data provision no longer be a problem all that is required rent space in masts to put your network streaming Service.

9. kelisjech

kelisjech New Member

Easily use UBA airtime recharge code and mobile money transfer code to buy airtime, transfer cash and perform any online transaction without internet via SMS or UBA USSD recharge and transfer code right now from the comfort of your home .With the UBA’s *919# USDD Bankin

10. Betty7

Betty7 New Member

It completely depends on what kind of business you have. Anyway, one thing I can say for sure - if don't have a website or application, pay attention to this immediately. I think website/app is a vital tool to promote your products and services. If you don't know where to find a good company - you are welcome https://idapgroup.com/custom-crm/

11. alisa7

alisa7 New Member

CRM software is the most powerful management solution helping better business relationship management. CRM Software geared-up your business by automate and streamline the customer relationship process. CRM Software bringing your partners and customers closer. You can see and enjoy the strategic and subtle benefits CRM provides to the maximum extent and also ensures customer retention and satisfaction.

12. poliq

poliq New Member

Well, there is something in it. There are people who make consistent money at this but its not easy. You can try it out to test the waters, but like anything in life practicing with real money is the only way to find out how skilled you are. You will most likely lose money for awhile as you need to pickup good traits like bankroll management, knowing when not to bet on something, and making sure there is enough upside to wager on any given match. If your are ready then the best place to bet would be on https://777score.ph/