1. Welcome to Proudnaira.com the largest business forum in Nigeria; to enjoy the goodies of this forum you must Login or Register using the Login/Register button above.
    Dismiss Notice

I need catfish fingerlings at good price

Discussion in 'Production Business' started by Victor, Sep 22, 2017.

Tags:

Share This Page

1. Victor

Victor Member

I want to buy fingerlings of catfish. I want first breads please. If you are producing catfish please drop your number below, I need it urgently.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
  2. Favour

Favour Member

I will get you a contact of someone who i was buying from when I was still on the business. Where in Lagos are you?

3. serome

serome Administrator Staff Member

My little advice, before going into catfish farming make sure you learn more about it very well if you are just getting in to avoid waste of money and time.

4. Skyro

Skyro Member

Nice advice boss. My brother did this same fish business in 2013 and end up giving them garri due to lack of their money buying their food. At the end of everything they didn't grow fast as we expected them, we manage to sell them and recover of the money he spent on them.
    My own advice regarding fish farming is that if you are going into fish business be sure you have a good space because if you are using small space they won't have enough space to grow faster as you expected them to which will lead to spending more money trying to grow them up.
    always make sure you give them coopense food which is the most expensive food produced from US i think.
    Don't always change their food product, some time when they get mastered to a particular food they won't eat when they find that you change their food
    Have enough savings before getting into these business
    Their water should not stay more than 1 day when they are still very young and it should not stay more than two days when they have grow normal size and should not stay more than 3 days when they are very big. the cleaner the water the better they will feel.

Those that are producing catfish fingerlings which is known is the baby fish, sometimes uses one fish mother to produce more than 3 sects. If you get the second or third sect production your fish will not grow more than mellouge which is a great loose in the business so it advisable to be watchful not to get the second or third breeds. Ask the producer for the first sect only. If you have the time to, it pays more if you produce the fingerlings yourself, that is what most of the fish farmers are doing now.

Good luck my friend this is all i have to say, i will search for some sellers number for you.

5. serome

serome Administrator Staff Member

@Skyro you have said it all. Thanks for this wonderful advice.

6. Victor

Victor Member

Thanks guys, I really appreciate your kind advice. I have done the business before but run out of capital that is the reason i left. Recently my elder brother raise some money and wanted me to manage the business for him. We have gotten a huge pond in a little water river so we don't need to build fish pond.

As it's now we need over 20 thousands fish to start with. Only 4.9k have been archived.

@Favour pls the contact u promise. I'm still waiting.